Kingston moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kingston moms

A place for moms in the Kingston area to meet each other and discuss various topics about children and theirfamilies.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pregnancy

Go down 
+3
mommyof 2
Nicki
plazas4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
plazas4

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm Julie, and I am ~10 weeks pregnant....is anyone else out there? I am getting really excited and hoping for a girl (as I have the 2 boys...) . I have a feeling it might be a girl this time, and I have a potential name picked out if it is.
Back to top Go down
Nicki

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 am

I am also expecting, I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant and am expecting a baby girl. We currently have an 18-month old daughter as well so I am getting ready to be incredibly busy within the next couple of weeks. Good luck and Congrats on your pregnancy. Smile
Back to top Go down
mommyof 2
Admin

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 am

Congrats on the pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
https://kingstonmoms.forumakers.com
princesstia

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:16 pm

I too am pregnant (~25 wks) with our first. I'm due in June and getting really excited. In reference to your second post no advice here on midwives, we heard about the waiting list and didn't even try. I'm military so I was referred to an OB in town and just got my doctor today (I don't remember his name yet, we have yet to meet him or her). We did hire a Doula though, I'm pretty excited about that.

Cheers,
Jackie
Back to top Go down
mommyof 2
Admin

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:36 pm

What is the difference b/w a Doula and a Midwife..I always thaught they were prety much the same thing.
Back to top Go down
https://kingstonmoms.forumakers.com
princesstia

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

The Doula is just there for the mom(and dad), the mid-wife has to worry about baby and the delivery. We have an OB doing the delivery and it seems half this town is pregnant so I suspect the nurses will be too busy to spend much time with us. Our Doula will be with us right from the start (as early as we decide to call her anyways) so she'll come to the house and hopefully, by having her here I won't go to the hospital too early since I suspect I'd be more comfortable at home until I hit active labour. Her job is to remind me to move, make suggestions on how my husband can help (ie. back pressure, massage) and with her in the room if it's a long labour my husband can step out and get some food and fresh air with out leaving me alone. Essentially she is there to remind us of the things we learned in prenatal but will be too preoccupied to think about. Plus she is there as an advocate for us, so we discuss how we would like the birth to go before hand and she help explain it to doctors and nurses when we're otherwise occupied. Also in the event that things don't go as planned she can take the time to explain it to us five times so we can make the right decision (for us, she's rather indifferent and seems very good at not pushing us one way or another) where the nurses might not have that option if there are several other labouring moms that day.
Back to top Go down
Nicki

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:24 pm

We also have a doula (we had her for our first as well) and we love her. She is like a part of our family now, as we have kept in touch with her since our first birth, I highly reccommend a doula to anyone considering it.
Who is your doula Princesstia?
Back to top Go down
princesstia

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:14 am

We're using Donna Bell from Beautiful Beginnings. She was recommended from a lady who I was buying some clothing off of (from kijiji) not sure how we got on the topic, but we did and she forwarded Donna's info to us. Thankfully Donna was still available in June and since she's familiar with military life and comfortable with animals (we have two cats and two dogs) we felt comfortable with her right away.

Cheers,
Jackie
Back to top Go down
chipmunk

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone   pregnancy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sarah and I'm 26 weeks pregnant with our first. I'm due in early June and we're having a boy!

When are you due Jackie? I see you're due in June as well....I'm due June 9th.

Is anyone taking lamaze classes or can anyone recommend a lamaze or prenatal class? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
StephL

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Not pregnant yet...but hopefully when hubby comes back from Afghanistan in November we are trying for 1 between us. I have 2 boys from my first marriage. I took the prenatal classes at KFLA for my first pregnancy. It was alright... I learned more watching a baby story on TLC though! I was the youngest in the class which made me nervous. They gave us abit of info about labour and how to handle contractions.... but then they went into epiduals...ummm... no thanks! I had both my kids natural (I'm terrified of needles) If anyone ever wants to chat about different techniques that work just email. I'll answer any questions. I always thought about being a Doula but I wouldn't even know where to begin!
Back to top Go down
princesstia

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:43 am

chipmunk wrote:
Hi Everyone,

When are you due Jackie? I see you're due in June as well....I'm due June 9th.

Is anyone taking lamaze classes or can anyone recommend a lamaze or prenatal class? Thanks!

I'm due June 15. We've just started our prenatal classes with Childbirth Kingston...so far so good;we've only done one course, but classes are small and personable. Our Doula Donna Bell from Beautiful Beginnings also offers classes, we'd already registered at Childbirth or we probably would have went with Donna just to build up the relationship a bit more before the birth.
Back to top Go down
imralphy

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Just found out   pregnancy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:11 am

Hi there,
I am about 9 weeks pregnant with my first child. It doesn't seem real yet but I am feeling more tired and hungry than usual.
Thank you for starting this forum because I will need all the help and advice I can get!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy   pregnancy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pregnancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingston moms :: Pregnancy and Parenting :: Pregnancy Corner-
Jump to: